Thursday, March 31, 2022

Starting the Editing Process

 I wanted to start the editing process immediately after filming. I wanted to make sure I'd have some time for some mock trial activities I had soon. I knew that I wanted to edit it on iMovie because it had worked for me before. Before I started editing, I made a list of things that I wanted to do. This to-do list would keep me on track. One of the most important parts of editing comes after the interrogation scene. Here I wanted to display the investigator going insane. I first questioned how I would do that? I took some inspiration from past opening sequences that I watched before. They generally use a lot of non-diegetic sounds, but they are extremely specific. Most of these sounds have connotations with, of course, going insane. Cuckoo clocks, loud sounds, heartbeats, and inaudible whispering, are all examples. I chose to go with heart beating because I believe that suited the scene the most. It wasn't too outlandish, like a cuckoo clock, but added just the right amount of tension. It fit well, the heartbeat would make the scene feel tense, then the outburst from the detective would be a release. I screen recorded a royalty-free sound of a heartbeat, then cut it down to the same amount of time as the clip. Then I inserted the video as an audio file only so it would play over the movie. This took a couple of tries as it kept going in as a video and not as an audio file. Eventually, I got sick of it and used a video to mp3 converter. Imovie is compatible with mp3 files so it allowed it to go over the movie. I then sent it to my groupmates to review.


No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR Opening Sequence

 Here is the CCR for the mystery opening sequence; it was a pleasure!