Monday, April 4, 2022

Needed a Quality Check

       Just because I said editing and filming are done, doesn't mean it's over. Anything could be improved upon. All things need a quality check, films included. I wanted somebody to go over my film for a multitude of benefits. First, I needed an opinion from someone outside looking in. As much as I want to praise my group, there are many things we cant catch. This is because we produced the entire thing, we may miss the small things. Not only that, we are potentially biased and need a more objective view. This way I can actually make improvements from an audience perspective. Secondly, my groupmates and I saw the script and wrote the scenes with the intention of it being a mystery. But I want to know how well this genre came off. I wanted to see if an outside view could understand the plot and character dynamics. For the first reason, I asked some of my peers interested in film. This was because they would be more likely to focus on, angles, movements, or any technical subject matter. The general consensus was that both nondiegetic and diegetic sounds needed to be made louder. The nondiegetic sound was the heartbeat of the crazy investigator character. The diegetic was the doors slamming, which often got cut short by the transitions that were too quick. I asked each person what they thought the plot was to satisfy my second want. Most of them picked up on the mystery aspects of the film, if not mystery then a thriller. All understood for the most part what I wanted to represent with the film. Little plot points like a secret society and an unsolved murder were understood. I was relieved as this meant no major refilming. It was just now time for me to fix the little editing mistakes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR Opening Sequence

 Here is the CCR for the mystery opening sequence; it was a pleasure!